Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Revelation of "Another One Bites The Dust"

Every morning when I wake up, my alarm goes off and whatever song is on the radio is a message from God to me. This morning, I was already awake, and answering questions on the internet, thinking about past and future, and of the click click click of nows going past, when the radio comes on my alarm clock. I got up to shut it off and the song started, so I am standing there anticipating the message from God. I know the song by the opening music and think to myself "This can't possibly be my message for today?" But I listen anyway:
    Steve walks warily down the street,
    with the brim pulled way down low
    Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet,
Woah! Is God talking about me being a self-contained individual in the world? Never heard that in this song before...
    machine guns ready to go
The click click click (machine gun) of momentary "nows" I am carrying in my thoughts as I am literally sitting on the edge of my bed in front of the alarm clock anticipating the next part of the revelation...
    Are you ready, Are you ready for this
    Are you hanging on the edge of your seat
    Out of the doorway the bullets rip
    To the sound of the beat
So the moments whiz by as I am listening to them die (another one bites the dust) thinking about the brief moments of a human (another one bites the dust.) and how they are the same (and another ones gone and another ones gone, another one bites the dust.) Then it gets personal:
    Hey, I'm gonna get you too
    Another one bites the dust
So now God starts talking about my trying to live at times without his help and my ego-centric view of my own importance (even after death)...
    How do you think I'm going to get along
    Without you when you're gone
    You took me for everything that I had
    And kicked me out on my own


    Are you happy ? Are you satisfied ?
    How long can you stand the heat

    Out of the doorway the bullets rip

    To the sound of the beat

    Look out!
And there it was: "Look out!" My message for the day. Look out for my ego and self-importance ruining my machine gunning now that is so temporary and is all I have. Okay, so I am done right? Use the day wisely. But then God goes on...
    There are plenty of ways that you can hurt a man
    And bring him to the ground

    You can beat him, you can cheat him

    You can treat him bad and leave him

    When he's down, yeah

    But I'm ready, yes I'm ready for you
    I'm standing on my own two feet
    Out of the doorway the bullets rip
    Repeating to the sound of the beat
    Oh yeah

    Another one bites the dust....
God is ready for me, and I can take it OR DIE. God wants me to stand on my own two feet - be like Him. I will never view THAT song the same way again!


No comments:

Post a Comment